Hi, friends! I've been getting a lot of questions on Instagram (follow me @prettyinpinkmama) about my Bible. Today's post is specifically about stamping with alphabet letters... but if you'd like to see a video about drawing and handwriting, like the picture directly below, please leave a comment on this post to let me know!
I'm not any expert, and I'm certainly no Bible scholar... but I hope this video is helpful for you who want to get started in Bible journaling!
Using alphabet stamps can add so much dimension and visual appeal to your journaling, without requiring much artistic knowledge. I love that!
The purpose of Bible journaling isn't to be a perfect calligrapher, nor to be the best artist. It's to connect in a deeper, more visual way to your scripture, if that's what speaks most to your heart. It's a way of jotting down those meaningful messages to your soul, in a way that you'll enjoy looking at and re-reading in the future.
Check out this video for my tips on Bible journaling for beginners, using stamps:
My tips for finding verses to read:
1. Google the topic you want to read about, or use a concordance in the back of your Bible (the one featured in this video doesn't include a concordance.)
2. Highlight the main verse you looked for, then read the supporting text around that verse. I like to read at least the chapter that it's in, if not a little more.
3. Highlight whatever else stands out to you, or means something special to you!
4. Use the margins to write the verses out that you loved, notes, prayers or even to draw... it's your way of connecting even more with the scripture, and worshiping God by enjoying His words at the same time.
5. Use stamps to especially emphasize specific words.
It doesn't need to look perfect, you don't need to be an artist, don't worry about calligraphy or how your hand writing looks... let it be totally YOU, soaking in the beautiful, life-giving words of scripture, and be blessed!
Thank you so much for reading! Feel free to leave comments about how you like to use your own journaling Bible, or any questions you have. I respond the FASTEST on Instagram, so be sure to find and follow me there! My handle is @prettyinpinkmama.